Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sometimes life sucks..and then you die.


I'm feeling just fantastic this lovely February day (**not**) and am feeling particular pessimistic as a result. Though on a happy note - it IS an absolutely gorgeous day outside, more than warm enough for shorts and everything....so I'm definitely rocking out my lazy/workout look (a dichotomy, yes - but so so so comfortable it is worth the conflict of interests.)

This is the third day in a row that something gross has happened. Friday: reaction for no apparent reaction. Minor, yes - but causing an emotional breakdown that resulted in a two hour conversation with Mummy. Not that it wasn't wonderful to talk to Mum, but feeling the need to cry every six and a half seconds...not my cup of tea by any stretch of the imagination. Enter yesterday morning. The day began well enough, with a nice and lazy start by sleeping in with plans to meet up with the fiance later. Yesterday was the big 'two year' mark, so Daddy was kind enough to sponsor a dinner date for the two of us. I was just supposed to write my little paper, study some more, then spend the evening with Chris just enjoying each other's company. Hah! The fates decided to be tricky this weekend and laugh at my small endeavors...



Chris and I weren't having particularly good days: My paper was rapidly deteriorating into six pages of incoherent nonsense, and it turns out that Chris had caught a small bug. We went out to dinner regardless, and were served undercooked meat...that did not agree with either of us, to say the least. So the day ended in shambles. Not a particularly satisfying anniversary, when everything was said and done. This morning I woke up still feeling achy and semi-gross, but just figured it was because I slept so much (almost 14 hours. I kid you not.) and proceeded to go about my day. I cooked...and then decided to try to swallow a chunk of meat that no sane E.E. kid should ever swallow. **sigh** It was the most epic of epic fails. Since that time....I. feel. terrible. I'm not going to lie, it was probably one of the most violent 'choking' episodes I've experienced...and it has completely screwed me up for the rest of the day.

You guessed it: this was a ranting post to the Nth degree. I've been feeling particularly depressed about being sick lately, and this weekend has done me in emotionally, physically and psychologically. I quit - I don't want to try anymore. I'm exhausted from my constant struggles with the monster that lives in my body, and today it has won! It feels an an impossible thing to conquer, and I'm sick of the battle. I'm sure I'll get some sleep tonight, take my Organic Chemistry quiz and feel that life is beautiful: but today, life sucks.

Tip(s) of the day:
  • Don't go to Outback steakhouse if you have any sort of dietary concerns...you will regret it.
  • Do your dishes as you use them, because they will continue to pile up in your sink until you do.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I am SO sorry you weren't (aren't?) well. I sincerely hope you feel better ASAP. Let me know if you need help with anything

    And thanks for the pointer about Outback...I'll keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete