Monday, September 20, 2010

Better Late Than Never!

So I've been horribly remiss and essentially abandoned my blog.

Please, a thousand pardons.

I have a yummy new recipe, though! Yippie!

My lovely fiance bought an Indian cookbook for me - so while the spices are slightly unconventional, I recommend tracking them down and trying this out.

Potato Sticks (absurd, I know)

Ingredients:
  • 4 medium potatoes (either red or white potatoes work just fine; just remember that red potatoes are better for reducing yeast build up!)
  • 1 small red onion
  • 2 tbp. vegetable oil (I used refined cold-pressed coconut oil)
  • 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
  • 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
  • Table salt, to taste
  • ~ 1/4 c. room temperature water
Directions:
  • Cut the potatoes and onions lengthwise, so that they look roughly 'fry' shaped and set them aside.
  • Heat 2 tbs. oil in a frying pan on medium temperature. Add the onions and saute until they're transparent - ~ 3-4 minutes.
  • Add the potatoes and saute for ~ 3-5 minutes.
  • Add the turmeric, red chilli powder and salt to the skilley - saute, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
  • Add the water, cover the pan and cook until the potatoes are soft.
Super easy, and absolutely delicious. I highly recommend trying this new spin on potatoes!!

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment